Membership of PHA (NSW & ACT) is renewable annually on 1 July. Annual fees are:
- $150 for Professional Historian MPHA
- $90 for Professional Historian (Associate) APHA
- $65 for Graduate Historian.
Membership of a Professional Historians Association in Australia provides a peer accredited status as an historian working in the public field.
This accreditation is based on a National Accreditation Standard prepared by Professional Historians Australia (PHA).
Benefits of PHA (NSW & ACT) membership include:
- industry recognition as a professional historian
- post nominals MPHA (Member Professional Historians Australia)
- professional development workshops
- advertising and promoting your work, skills and expertise in various media
- networking events and activities
- being a part of a professional network
- an employment and opportunities bulletin with jobs unique to PHA NSW & ACT members
- having a voice in advocacy in public history matters
- earning honorariums for PHA NSW & ACT engagements
- representation in contractual matters
- discounted insurance rates for Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance
- advertising your services through our Historians Register
- listing your publications
- publishing your work in PHA journals and bulletins
- opportunity to publish on our award-winning blog
- supporting advocacy and profile raising for the history profession.
PHA (NSW & ACT) works to connect with prospective employers to increase work opportunities as well as promote the importance and value of accredited historians in public history.
Membership of PHA (NSW & ACT) requires accreditation under a National Standard set by Professional Historians Australia. Find out more about membership on the Professional Historians Australia website.
Members joining in the last three months of the financial year will be deemed to be paid up for the following financial year.
Alternatively, download the membership application form.
To apply to change your accreditation of the PHA (NSW & ACT), email the following form and your supporting documentation to Membership Officer, Patricia Curthoys, at email@example.com or post to:
PHA Membership Officer
GPO Box 2437
Sydney NSW 2001
The form is accepted as signed if it is sent directly from the applicant’s identified email.
Alternatively, download the change in membership level form.
If you have any enquiries about applying for membership, email Membership Officer, Patricia Curthoys, at firstname.lastname@example.org.