Membership of a Professional Historians Association in Australia provides a peer accredited status as an historian working in the public field.
This accreditation is based on a National Accreditation Standard prepared by Professional Historians Australia (PHA).
The benefits of PHA NSW & ACT membership include:
- industry recognition as a professional historian;
- post nominals MPHA (Member Professional Historians Australia)
- professional development workshops;
- advertising and promoting your work, skills and expertise in various media
- networking events and activities;
- being a part of a professional network;
- an employment and opportunities bulletin with jobs unique to PHA NSW & ACT members;
- having a voice in advocacy in public history matters;
- earning honorariums for PHA NSW & ACT engagements;
- representation in contractual matters;
- discounted insurance rates for Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance;
- advertising your services through our Historians Register;
- listing your publications;
- publishing your work in PHA journals and bulletins;
- opportunity to publish on our award-winning blog;
- supporting advocacy and profile raising for the history profession.
PHA NSW & ACT works to connect with prospective employers to increase work opportunities as well as promote the importance and value of accredited historians in public history.